Friday 6 May 2011

I'm a bit of a groupie ...



It's not often that you get to meet your heroes. But just last week I met one of mine: Craig Underhill. I have, for an enormously long time, been a huge admirer of his work. When I tentatively asked if he'd be happy to take part in an exhibition in my new gallery I practically fell of my chair when he said yes. When he said he'd deliver it in person, I came over all wobbly. Honestly, if you are any bit of a ceramics geek like me, then you HAVE to see Craig's slab built vessels. Lucky for you - they're here in the gallery until June 4 (unfortunately one vessel didn't make it into the exhibition as it accidentally ended up at my house, no idea how that happened obviously...).

Craig's work is being exhibited alongside some stunning textile pieces from artist Rachel Gornall who I discovered at last year's Contemporary Craft fair at Bovey Tracey. Rachel's hand-dyed hand stitched 3D pieces sit beautifully alongside Craig's work.

It's easy to see why both artists are highly respected in their fields. If you are in need of creative inspiration pop in and see their work.

1 comment:

  1. Uhooi,,
    This work is creative, nice and cool,,

    Uhooi.blogsppot.com

    ReplyDelete