Saturday 17 March 2012

Emily's work is in Mollie Makes

Those of you who, like me, have swooned over Emily Hogarth's screen prints and paper cuts in Atelier will be delighted to know that a piece of the artist's work has been featured in an article on Edinburgh by Mollie Makes.


Here's more info on the article from the journalist and blogger Zoe Pearson who wrote the original article.


Emily was introduced to me by a close friend who lives in Edinburgh when we were looking for a paper cut artist for a commission. I tried popping over to her studio in Leith when I was last there but it was shut - my fault as I should have called first. Doh! Leith is fab BTW, it's just a hop and a skip away from Edingburgh with lovely galleries and eateries and THE coolest place called Roseleaf where you can have cocktails that you pour out of vintage teapots. I know - how fab is that? You can also get authentic Chinese food at Chop Chop too - it was the only place that I've ever been to that serves the same food that you eat in mainland China. Green beans Chinese style yum yum.


Anyhoos I digress, Emily's a lovely friendly young lady who makes really cool screen prints from hand cut paper cuts. She has a very steady hand and oodles of patience. We have a small selection on our online shop. This is my personal favourite - it makes me happy, especially on rainy days.


And a quick word about Blue Bird. I got very excited and told absolutely everyone that I knew ... and many more that I don't ... that Emily's Blue Bird print would be appearing in the April issue of Country Living magazine. The editorial team had a re-jig of their features and Emily's print will now appear in the May issue instead as part of a 50's style photo shoot, can't wait to see how they've used it. I'll post a pic once the issue is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment